Cities Join the Call for National Day of Protest
Cities across the country are picking up the call for a National Day of Protest on May 30th "to stop the racist murder and violence that this administration has willfully unleashed" on the many people trapped in jails, prisons, and detention centers many of which are becoming death camps in this time of the Covid-19 pandemic.
We will update the following list of cities organizing justice caravan car rallies and other socially distanced protests for the national day of action on the national Facebook event and below:
- Jacksonville, FL — Jacksonville Community Action Committee
- Tallahassee, FL — Tallahassee Community Action Committee
- Baltimore, MD — Peoples Power Assembly, Youth Against War and Racism, Prisoners Solidarity Committee, ICE Out of Baltimore
- Minneapolis–Saint Paul, MN — Twin Cities Coalition Justice 4 Jamar
- Dallas, TX — Dallas Alliance Against Racist & Political Repression
- New York City, NY — New York Community Action Project Peoples Power Assemblies NYC Justice for Lynne Stewart
- Chicago, IL — Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression
- Los Angeles, CA — Centro CSO
- Salt Lake City, UT — Utah Against Police Brutality
- Milwaukee, WI — Serve the People MKE
- Pensacola, FL — Pensacola Dream Defenders
We hope you will support an event near you, or get in touch if your city will be joining the action!
We are calling this united action to help protect all prisoners from COVID infections and death by demanding that all prisoners be liberated from the death camps that U.S. prisons have become. We demand that the President, Governors and Mayors, Prosecutors and Judges take immediate steps to depopulate jails, prisons and Immigrant detention centers and juvenile facilities.
You can see the rest of our call at https://naarpr.org/updates/national-alliance-calls-national-day-of-protest-may-30th/